EPIC is very proud to be Associated Partner of the Fairfood Project, funded by the European Commission within the framework of the Erasmus + Programme.
The aim of Fairfood is to contribute to the improvement of health through a nutritional education inspired by the rich European gastronomic culture, which counts on the Mediterranean diet, an intangible heritage of humanity. To preserve the European culinary cultural heritage and to stop climate change, it is necessary to promote the way our ancestors ate, with natural products, typical of the territory, treated in a simple way and consumed in its season.
To reach this objective the Consortium has developed a training course with 5 Modules divided in 2 level (Basic and Advanced)
- Module 1. General issues on healthy and low environmental impact foods
- Module 2. Typical local products and varieties
- Module 3. Traditional food preservation/conservation techniques
- Module 4. Food elaboration/consumption techniques
- Module 5. Traditional, local and heritage related recipes
The training is available online and it is ready for the Test&Validation phase. Each trainer adopting the Fairfood course or each student attending it, can leave a feedback on the website to help partners to fine-tune the contents and to provide an high quality training.
To learn more:
Fairfood website https://www.fairfoodproject.eu/index.php?lang=EN
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fairfoodproject/